using the resharper test runner

May 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Hi,

Does anyone around managed to get the test's running using the resharper test runner ?

By the way, this has great potential, I have been trying to find something similar from my first silverlight days.

Thanks,

Developer
May 26, 2010 at 1:53 PM
I did. Don't remember any problems about it. Can you do it with TestDriven.Net?
May 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Hi Ulu,

 

Thanks for the answer, I didn't try it yet with TestDriven.Net.

I am using vs2010, sl3, xunit and resharper 5.1.

Now resharper has a issue with SilverlightUnitTest attribute, but it compiles just fine, when I run the test it just hangs in there showing the busy icon in front of the test.

I think the problem is "make sure you have the latest version of Typemock Isolator running and enabled in the process that is running the test" any ideea on how can I check if this is happening ?

 

Thanks,

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM
in vs, look at the typemock menu, and see if it's enabled or not by the menu item naming.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Calin <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Calin

Hi Ulu,

 

Thanks for the answer, I didn't try it yet with TestDriven.Net.

I am using vs2010, sl3, xunit and resharper 5.1.

Now resharper has a issue with SilverlightUnitTest attribute, but it compiles just fine, when I run the test it just hangs in there showing the busy icon in front of the test.

I think the problem is "make sure you have the latest version of Typemock Isolator running and enabled in the process that is running the test" any ideea on how can I check if this is happening ?

 

Thanks,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CThru@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CThru@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com




--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove
www.TypeMock.com - Unit Testing, Plain Smart

Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing" (http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
A blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
my .NET blog: http://www.ISerializable.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RoyOsherove
+972-524-655388 (GMT+2)
May 26, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Hi Roy,

Then it is enabled, (sorry for the noob question) I just purchased typemock have little experice with it.

But my issue is still present, here is a picture of it http://twitpic.com/1rb8sr

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM
you need to make sure the test runner process has specific env. vars. 
can you try running the same test with testdriven.net?
if that works, the issue is with the resharper test runner not inheriting the vs env. variables.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Calin <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Calin

Hi Roy,

Then it is enabled, (sorry for the noob question) I just purchased typemock have little experice with it.

But my issue is still present, here is a picture of it http://twitpic.com/1rb8sr

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CThru@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CThru@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com




--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove
www.TypeMock.com - Unit Testing, Plain Smart

Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing" (http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
A blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
my .NET blog: http://www.ISerializable.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RoyOsherove
+972-524-655388 (GMT+2)
May 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Hi Roy,

After more investigations I stumbled on a intresting find, looks like the latest build of SilverUnit is made against Typemock 5.4.5, I am using Typemock 6.0.3.0 (latest from your server).

Unfortunately the source code for the CThu.Silverlight is in VB, installing vb now (c# developer) will try to recompile against 6.0.3.0, meanwhile I will test testdriven and post results.

 

Thanks,

May 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Yap as expected, the issue is:

Could not load file or assembly 'TypeMock, Version=5.4.5.0, ...

Will try to recompile against 6.0.3.0 and see if it works.

 

Regards,

May 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

No luck compiling I get a bunch of:

Error 18 'ExtensionAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'. D:\SharedLibs\Silverunit\CThru\SilverUnit\SilverUnit\SilverUnit\Extensions\DependencyObjectExtensions.vb 20 6 CThru.SilverUnit

 

Is the source bad or is because I am trying to compile using vs2010 ?

Regards,

 

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM
you don't need to compile yourself.
the latest isolator comes bundles with CTHRU built in program files\typemock\isolator\cthru

see if that works for you.
We will update the site of the project with this information.

hope this helps.
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Calin <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Calin

No luck compiling I get a bunch of:

Error 18 'ExtensionAttribute' is ambiguous in the namespace 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'. D:\SharedLibs\Silverunit\CThru\SilverUnit\SilverUnit\SilverUnit\Extensions\DependencyObjectExtensions.vb 20 6 CThru.SilverUnit

 

Is the source bad or is because I am trying to compile using vs2010 ?

Regards,

 

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CThru@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CThru@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com




--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove
www.TypeMock.com - Unit Testing, Plain Smart

Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing" (http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
A blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
my .NET blog: http://www.ISerializable.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RoyOsherove
+972-524-655388 (GMT+2)
May 27, 2010 at 4:13 AM

That is true,

 

But look like it's compiled with 6.0.2.0 as I receive:

"Could not load file or assembly 'TypeMock, Version=6.0.2.0" and the latest version is 6.0.3.0

 

Thanks,

Coordinator
May 27, 2010 at 6:03 AM
can you please try this version?
www.typemock.com/patches/TypemockIsolatorSetup6.0.3.619.msi

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Calin <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Calin

That is true,

 

But look like it's compiled with 6.0.2.0 as I receive:

"Could not load file or assembly 'TypeMock, Version=6.0.2.0" and the latest version is 6.0.3.0

 

Thanks,

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CThru@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CThru@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com




--
Thanks,

Roy Osherove
www.TypeMock.com - Unit Testing, Plain Smart

Author of "The Art Of Unit Testing" (http://ArtOfUnitTesting.com )
A blog for team leaders: http://5Whys.com
my .NET blog: http://www.ISerializable.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RoyOsherove
+972-524-655388 (GMT+2)
May 27, 2010 at 6:27 AM

That did the trick,

Another day saved by Roy Osherove.

Thanks man,

Developer
May 27, 2010 at 7:33 AM
I might be wrong, but the VB compiler is a part of the .Net Framework, so you don't have to install VB.Net in order to compile the solution. Just compile it with MsBuild, right?
May 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hi Ulu,

You might be right, I will keep this in mind next time I have this problem.

Thank you,